There have been significant improvements in Canberra dental care facilities over the years. Unlike in the past, people now acknowledge dental health’s importance and its impact on overall well-being. Advancements in medical science have led to varied branches of specialized dental treatments, each aimed at treating specific dental problems. For instance, general dentistry is a specialized form of treatment that cures common dental problems such as dental check-ups, fillings, cleaning, root canal treatment, etc. Similarly, cosmetic dentistry involves dental treatment aimed specifically at improving the appearance of your dental structure. One such popular dental cosmetic treatment is Veneers which help in concealing minor dental flaws.
Dental Veneers: What are they?
The best veneers in Canberra can be defined as thin, custom-made shells that are tooth-colored and attached to the front surface of the teeth. These shells are usually made of composite resin-like materials that are permanently placed on the teeth to cover the aesthetic flaws and improve them in terms of size, shape, or length. Dental veneers treat a wide range of issues, including broken, chipped, discolored, and uneven teeth. Veneers are mostly applied to the front teeth as they contribute to a symmetrical and even smile.
Types of Dental Veneers
Broadly speaking, dental veneers are of 3 different types i.e. Porcelain, resin composite, and no-prep veneer that are used based on the patient’s requirements and preferences. Applying traditional veneers such as porcelain and resin involves a lengthy process of grinding the size and structure of the existing tooth structure before placing the veneers. On the other hand, no-prep veneers involve no grinding or tooth reduction. It is a hassle-free process that may or may not involve any alterations. However, discussing the best veneers in Canberra that are ideal for you with your dentist can resolve the confusion to great extent. The three commonly used veneers for cosmetic dentistry are discussed as follows:
- Porcelain Veneers: This involves a complete process of grinding the existing teeth structure thereby making an impression of your teeth for the creation of veneers. The impression is then sent to the lab for the creation of porcelain veneers. Once the veneers are ready, they are placed on the original teeth surface permanently by the dentist.
- Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are directly applied to the teeth by etching the surface of the tooth. It is a layer of composite resin-like materials that are placed in order to achieve the intended look. The procedure is concluded by curing or hardening the composite material using a special light.
- Non-prep Veneers: As the name suggests, these require no preparations compared to the other porcelain and composite veneers. They are quick and less invasive that don’t require any grinding or etching. Since no-prep veneers only affect the enamel, there’s no need of removing layers under the enamel.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
All thanks to the advanced treatments under cosmetic dentistry that allows a person to overcome those minor dental flaws and flaunt a beaming smile. Dental veneers are one such viable treatment that helps in hiding minor to moderate dental flaws such as crooked, chipped, and broken teeth. Apart from the aesthetic improvements, there are other benefits of dental veneers some of which are discussed as follows:
- Natural appearance – The best veneers in Canberra are aimed at concealing imperfections while ensuring natural-looking teeth. Veneers are available in varied shades that can match the exact shade of your teeth to render a natural and aesthetically pleasing set of teeth. When the procedure is done correctly, there are minimal chances of people recognizing the presence of veneers.
- Low maintenance – Another advantage of dental veneers is that they require very little maintenance as compared to other alternative treatments. Good oral hygiene and regular dentist visits are sufficient to ensure the longevity of dental veneers. Candidates with veneers can continue with their usual oral care without bothering about the presence of veneers.
- Added protection – Veneers not only improve the aesthetics of the teeth’ structure but also ensures strength and protection to the existing teeth. This is true, especially in the case of broken or cracked teeth. Since veneers form an even surface across the teeth, extra support is offered during chewing activities. Also, brushing and flossing become easier with veneers in place.
Why you should opt for Dental Veneers?
Contrary to the alternative treatments, dental veneers have emerged to be a less invasive and viable solution for covering dental flaws permanently. Veneers require very little enamel removal which implies that one doesn’t have to sacrifice their existing set of teeth in order to get the veneers. This is an important factor as enamel removal often exposes your teeth to decay and sensitivity. Conditions like chipped, cracked, or misaligned teeth often hamper the aesthetic appeal while adding to the deteriorating oral health condition. All of these issues are easily resolved through dental veneers that look and feel natural. Availing of quality Canberra dental care can assure a fast and reliable solution to varied cosmetic dental issues.
This is a Guest Post / sponsored post. If you want to feature your products / services / business / blog through sponsored post please write for us and send your article at firstname.lastname@example.org